Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The End - Backwords


OK, so I missed my deadline.  It’s not the end of the world.


And if it is, well so What!  It doesn’t matter.

If you’re reading this, it means it wasn’t the end of the world, or that the Editor gave me some grace.  Maybe that’s what God is, the Publisher, the One who takes our scripts and sends them back for corrections...  We have to keep doing it over and over again until we get it right.  Practice makes perfect!   And if we live in a multi-verse, there are bound to be lots of different endings.

THE END - for now.

***************************************************

 “The End” is supposed to be the Last Savage Book in the series. I’ve been putting off starting at the beginning....maybe I should begin at the end.  Why not? Why not start at the end and work my way back to the beginning?  “This is NOT a Coloring Book”, which is the Little Savage “primer” just isn’t calling to me the way “The End” is calling.  I 'm a cartoon so I don’t have to live in a world controlled by linear time!!  And it's my book, and I'll write it backwards if I want!

And the end is near as the beginning is . . . 
Where-id-end-up-framed
 

I wrote the bulk of these Little Savage books in 1995, and they have been sitting in storage since the Green Dragon Incident occurred.  (You’ll have to read that chapter when I write it).   

Then I got busy doing other things, like movies -  and music (The Away Team) so . . . . here's where I'm starting all over again, at the END.    Really.   




No comments:

Post a Comment